Dark and dull skin is caused for various reasons like overexposure to sun, stress, dry skin, medical conditions, environmental pollution, poor lifestyle and also by making use of cosmetic products in which chemicals are present. Nowadays people are very cautious about their skin and try various creams, sunscreen lotions, moisturizers etc. to keep their skin fair and flawless but chemical based products can damage the skin greatly. That’s why it is highly advised that people should avoid the use of chemical based cosmetic products.
Instead of making use of such chemical products it is best to use natural home remedies in order to keep your skin fair and flawless. Home remedies are advised because they contain natural ingredients that would be safe for the skin. Moreover if anyone wants to make use of cosmetic products they should consider using the cosmetic products that claims to consist of natural ingredients instead of chemical ingredients, as it is considered very safe.
Use of natural ingredients are recommended because there are many benefits associated with them such as it is helpful in skin brightening, reducing blemishes, helps to balance the skin tone, also protect the skin from ultra violet rays and also eliminates the harmful bacteria from the skin. Natural remedies definitely work on the skin effectively and naturally.
Keeping Ccare Of Your Skin
Before you start the remedies at home, it is necessary to understand that skin protection and taking care of the skin is essential for healthy skin. Skin becomes pigmented and dull due to the collection of dead and damage skin cells caused from the harmful UV rays and pollutants. Exfoliating and cleansing of skin by using scrubs and masks remove all grime, dirt as well as impurities along with dead skin cells.
Once you clean your skin, keep it moisturized, nourished as well as hydrated. If you go out in the sun, keep it in mind to apply a pack of vitamin-D sunscreen lotion, so that UV rays don’t cause any kind of damage to skin cells.
Make Your Skin Tone Balanced
There are following three ways by which you can lighten up your skin tone naturally:
- By applying masks to lighten up the skin
- By giving proper massage to your skin
- Scrubbing can also prove to be useful in skin lightening
Masks For Skin Lightening
1. Honey and Papaya Mask
Fresh papaya is not only delicious but also good in taste. It also has many great benefits for skin. Papaya contains alpha hydroxyl acid and papain, these are enzymes that have the ability to remove impurities from the skin along with dead cells. Other ingredient that can be used in this mask is honey which has antibacterial properties that helps in the protection of skin.
How To Make The Mask
- In order to make the mask, take small bowl of fresh papaya and one table spoon of honey
- Mash the pieces of papaya till you get the thick and smooth paste of it. Add honey and mix it thoroughly
- Apply the paste properly on face, and keep the mask for 20 minutes at least then wash with warm water
- After washing it with warm water, rinse your face again with cold water and dry your skin.
In order to get the best result it is advised that you should do this process every night before going to bed. This method is best for the person who has normal or oily skin. However, if any person who is allergic to papaya or other ingredients used in this mask should avoid this method as it may lead to allergy.
2. Orange Peels (Dried) and Yogurt
Orange is one of the most common fruit that is widely used in households but many people may not be aware with the fact that it can be really helpful in skin whitening. Orange considered rich in the vitamin – C that work as a de-pigmenting agent for your skin.
How To Make The Paste
- Take few orange peels along with unflavored yogurt (1 table spoon)
- Dry out the peels of orange in sun for around 2 to 3 days. Once the peel gets dry enough, grind it till it turns into the powder
- Take 1 tablespoon of the orange peel powder and mix it with the yogurt until it turns into smooth paste
- After cleaning the skin, apply the paste and keep it on skin for around 15-20 minutes and then rinse your face only with warm water.
To get the best result, you can repeat this process in every alternate day before going to sleep. Best thing about this process is that it is suited for all skin types.
3. Yogurt, Tomato and Oatmeal Mask
Tomato gets their red color because of the lycopene present inside it and lycopene has photo-protective properties that help the skin to protect it from aging and other issues related to increasing age. The adequate quantity of anti-oxidants in tomatoes helps the skin to glow. In study, it is also found that the lycopene present in tomatoes also prevent the skin cancer, while oatmeal acts as an exfoliant and improves the health of skin.
Process Of Making The Paste
- Take one tomato, one tea spoon of oatmeal and yogurt (unflavored and fresh)
- Cut tomato it into half and take about 2 tablespoons of tomato juice
- Take a bowl of oatmeal and add juice of tomato and yogurt then mix well
- Apply the paste on face and wash it with warm water after 20 minutes
To get preferable result, repeat the process for around 2 or 3 times. This is considered best for the normal skin, combination skin and oily skin.
4. Lemon Juice, Milk and Honey Mask
Lemon juice is considered rich in the vitamin C and due to this it possesses skin lightening properties. Presence of vitamin C also helps to reduce the production of melanin, a pigment responsible for the tanning of skin.
Process Of Making The Paste
- Take one table spoon of lemon juice and milk along with 1 tea spoon of honey
- Mix the taken ingredients properly in a bowl
- Apply it on your face and leave it for around 20 minutes then rinse it with warm water
Repeat this process on every alternate day before going to bed and this process is suited for almost every skin type. However, after applying the mask if you feel the sensation of burning you should immediately take off the mask as it is due to acidity of lemon juice. Rub the ice over affected the area.
5. Rose Water and Gram Flour
Gram flour has anti-microbial properties that prevent the skin from any kind of infection. While, rose water is used to moisturize and revitalize the skin and provide the skin a fresh look. In place of rosewater one can also make use of the yogurt as it makes the skin glow and also keep it healthy.
To Make The Paste
- Take gram flour around two tablespoons and 2-3 tea spoons of rose water or yogurt
- If you have normal skin then make use of rose water but if you have dry skin then use of yogurt should be done because use of rose water in dry skin make the skin more dry
- Stir the ingredients until you get a thick and smooth paste.
- Apply the pack gently and let it stay on face for 30 minutes before washing it with warm water
In a week you can repeat this process for two or three times a day in order to get favorable result.
Scrubs You Can Make For Skin Lightening
1. Rice Flour and Aloe Vera Scrub
Aloe Vera is considered as one of the best solution for skin related issues. Aloe Vera has compounds that nourish, heal as well as protect the skin and it also has anti-oxidants in good amount. While rice flour coarseness wipe out the dead skin cells as well as impurities that are collected on the skin.
How To Make This Scrub
- Take fresh aloe Vera, cut the outer layers to take out the gel of aloe Vera and add it to two table spoons of rice flour
- Rub the mixture gently on your face or any part of your skin in a circular motion. Scrub the mixture on your face for few minutes then wash with warm water followed by cool water
- Pat your face dry and then moisturize it
To get the best result, follow this method on every alternate night and you will see the result in few days. This method is good for every skin type but be cautious while applying the mixture. This is because if you apply too much pressure while motioning, it can damage your skin, so be gentle while scrubbing.
2. Baking Soda
Scrubbing with the powder of baking soda removes the dead cells as well as wipe out the bacteria from the skin, as it bring out the lighter and fresher skin tone. To get better results one can also add drops of lemon juice.
How To Make Use Of Baking Soda
- Take half tablespoon of baking soda and water. Mix the water and baking soda to form a paste.
- Put the paste over the area which you want to make glow and scrub it for around at least 5 minutes.
- Wash your face with normal water and moisturize the face or area where the paste was applied.
In order to lighten up your skin color, follow the process for around one week and you can spot the difference. However, if you have sensitive skin then you should avoid following this procedure.
Massage Helps To Make Skin Nourished and Glow
1. Use Of Milk For Massage
Milk is known as a natural bleacher of skin and also useful for the skin nourishment that makes the skin healthy and glowing. If you want then you can also add 2-3 table spoons of honey or lemon in your milk.
What To Do?
- Massage your skin with the milk for some time and do it in a circular motion downward and upward. Follow this procedure only 2-3 times a week and that would surely prove to be helpful for you.
- This method is suited for all skin types but if someone is suffering from the problem of acne then it is not advised that you follow this method as use of milk can make the condition even worse.
2. Use Of Essential Oil
Essential oils prove to be very beneficial for the skin. These oils are basically extracted from the plants and they are highly concentrated as well. These oils provide glowing and flawless skin and that’s why they are used widely nowadays. As these oils have high levels of concentration, it is important to know how to make use of these oils properly in order to get better results.
General Precautions To Be Considered While Using Essential Oils
These oils are highly concentrated due to which they can cause allergic reaction sometimes, that’s why it is advised to perform the patch test before making use of essential oils.
Essential Oils That You Can Use
1. Rose Essential Oil
Rose essential oil has very delicate aroma that makes your skin soft and supple. This oil is not only useful to lighten up the skin but it also reduces the wrinkles, scars and acne.
How To Use?
- Take one cup of chilled milk and put 10 drops of rose essential oil and mix it well
- Apply the mixture on face and wash it with water
2. Orange Essential Oil
Orange essential oil promotes collagen production in your body which helps in fighting the problem of aging such as dark spots and wrinkles. It also works great by protecting the skin from UV rays. Overall outcome of using this oil is that you get brighter skin tone and good health of your skin.
How To Use It?
- Take three or four drops of the orange essential oil along with jojoba oil
- Mix both the oils well and massage with the mixture for around five minutes over the affected area and later wash it with warm water
3. Lemon Essential Oil
Lemon essential oil is used for multipurpose activities. This oil has anti-septic, anti-bacterial, astringent and anti-oxidant qualities. It is also helpful in rejuvenating the skin and also helps to lighten it.
How To Use It?
Take three or four drop of lemon oil along with 1 tablespoon of water or jojoba oil and massage gently on skin and wash it later.
Follow this procedure for a week at least in order to get favorable result.
Glowing Skin Gives You Confidence
With glowing skin, you will surely feel confident. With above mentioned home remedies, you can get a fair and glowing skin in just few weeks. As per your skin type and requirement, you can choose any one from the above mentioned remedies to definitely get desired results.